|06/09||Macau District Office
District Officer: Major Jeremy Lam
1. The Salvation Army ‘Rui Xi’ Integrated Service Centre for Senior Citizens premises were officially handed over to The Salvation Army. Our colleagues are working on the preparation, hoping the Centre will be ready to take in the batch of elderly residents in December. Please pray for the Centre’s preparation and staff recruitment.
2. Pray for the young worker ministries of Iao Hon Corps. Pray that they will receive proper pastoral care and guidance.
Corps Officer: Captain Gideon Yu
Associate Corps Officer: Captain Alice Yu
1. Pray for the Corps in facing the coming demolition of the corps building. May God lead us in our future arrangement. Grant our leaders heavenly wisdom in making a decision for the Corps’ future.
2. Pray that our Local Officers and fellow brothers and sisters will continue fighting for God in one accord. Although the road ahead may be tough, pray that they will be steadfast trusting in God’s guidance.
|08/09||Whampoa Family Store
Person in-charge: Ms. Chan Yuen Ling
1. Pray that the epidemic will end soon, so that schools can resume to normal operation and children can meet their teachers and classmates regularly.
2. Pray for good health for everyone.
|09/09||THURSDAY WORLDWIDE PRAYER MEETING
TC: Commissioner Robert Donaldson
CS: Colonel Winsome Merrett
Officers 1,690(A843, R847) Aux-Capts 39 Corps 292 Cadets 20
Sr Soldiers 12,526 Jr Soldiers 1,695 adherents 3,901
1. We give thanks to God for the emerging models and expressions of frontline mission across the territory and pray for success in discipling new people who have connected through these new expressions. God is indeed doing a new thing. Hallelujah!
2. The territory is part way through a 22-day prayer initiative which commenced on 22 August. Our territorial leaders have called us to a season of prayer focusing specifically on unity and oneness across the whole Movement. One of the key aspects of this initiative is a daily on-line prayer meeting. Please pray that people will embrace, support, and commit to this prayer focus. We believe great things are in store and that God is going to do far more than we could ever ask or imagine.
3. 9 September is our general change notification day. We are praying particularly for all Officers’ – and their families – involved in this and that it will create as little disruption as possible.
4. COVID continues to impact the way we do mission. Please pray for the ongoing resilience of all officers and staff who are worn down by the ongoing impact of COVID lockdowns and closure of interstate borders.
Person in-charge: Mr. Tin Ka Po
1. Many young people are suffering from intimate relationships, which give rise to sex and drug problem. May God grant us wisdom, strength and faith as we help them.
2. The team may have a significant change in future development and will implement a two-year project starting from September. May God grant us perseverance and bravery to overcome the obstacles, helping the team open up new development.