Call to serve
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”(Isaiah 6:8)
Christian faith believes God has a purpose for everyone he creates. The Salvation Army Officers’ conviction to His ministry is a response to His call to fulfill His purpose in one’s life.
The Salvation Army is called to save souls, grow saints, and serve suffering humanity. Therefore, becoming an Officer is a sacred ministry, we leave our job and commit ourselves to God.
There are over 27,177* Salvation Army officers around the globe. Each of them has a different life, but they all share the same calling, and Witness God’s grace to the world. (*Statistic of 2020)
Requirements of a Candidate
1. definite call by God
2. Preliminary recommendations by the Corps Officer, 2 Pastoral Care Council members, and the Divisional Commander
3. Detailed recommendations from Corps Officer and three Local Officers
4. Minimum age of 18
5. At least one year of soldiership
6. Minimum Academic requirements:
➢ HKCEE with five subjects pass; or DSE with 5 subjects at level 2; both should include Chinese and English. Or diploma or degree in Theological studies.
➢ Tests on Biblical Knowledge and The Salvation Army knowledge.
➢ Satisfactory completion of required candidates’ lessons.
7. Health and fitness requirements:
➢ Psychological Assessment
➢ Medical examination
➢ Dental examination
8. To provide a Statutory Declaration of No Criminal Record, especially associated with the abuse of children.
9. Satisfactory progress reports from his or her Corps Officer every two months.
10. Presented and approved by the Territorial Candidates’ Board.
Applicant should be responsible for all the relevant expenses
The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Territory
Address: 6/F, 11 Wing Sing Lane, Yaumatei, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel.: (852) 2783 2314
Fax: (852) 2319 0670