The Salvation Army has been approved by Transport and Housing Bureau to use the ex-Salvation Army Sam Shing Chuen Lau Ng Ying School premises and transform it into The Salvation Army ‘To • Gather’ @ Sam Shing Transitional Housing. The project can serve the vulnerable groups not only in providing adequate housing conditions, but also providing holistic services for tenants to start a new life.
*Photos are for reference only
This Project is subsidized by the “Funding Scheme to Support Transitional Housing Project by Non-government Organisations” of the Housing Bureau
The Salvation Army ‘To • Gather’ @ Sam Shing Transitional Housing is located in Tuen Mun Sam Shing Estate with convenient transportation and well-equipped facilities, about 5 minutes walk from the Light Rail – Sam Shing Terminus. There are also KMB, Citybus and minibus routes nearby to commute between Tuen Mun and Kowloon. ‘To • Gather’ @ Sam Shing Transitional Housing is a 7-storey building equipped with a lift, which will be home for 123 families with about 400 tenants, including 1-2-person units, 3-4-person units and accessible units. There are common areas available for use by tenants and residents in the neighbourhood to build an integrated community.
The project has set up a BMIs Index to measure the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of tenants. It is expected to enhance their self-confidence and self-management skills, helping them build good habits.
Serving the tenants with:
– Guidance and counseling
– Life and career planning programmes
All units are fully occupied. Application is closed.
The Salvation Army ‘To∙Gather’@Sam Shing Transitional Housing Opening and Dedication Ceremony (15/10/2022)
Result of Computer Balloting for Prioritizing Interview Arrangement for Type A Applications（03/08/2022)：
locates in Tuen Mun Sam Shing Estate, with convenient transportation and complete supporting facilities.
Basic Facilities and Fittings
– 7-storey building equipped with a lift.
– Multi-functional activity rooms on the G/F; Common areas from each of 1/F to 3/F.
– No parking space will be provided
Each unit is equipped with: *subject to the Furniture and Electrical Appliances in the Tenancy Agreement
– a toilet, a shower and a cooking area (for using induction cookers only)
– a single zone induction cooker, a window-type air conditioner, a storage electric water heater
– Applicants must choose the unit type based on the number of person(s) living in the unit.
– Applicant receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) is required to pay the maximum rent allowance under CSSA.
– Applicant is required to pay the monthly Management Fee (HK$1/ sq.ft.). The actual Rent and Management Fee will depend on the unit area rented by the applicant. The Salvation Army reserves the rights to review the amount of the Rent and Management Fee on an annual basis and adjust the amount of the Rent and Management Fee payable by the tenant in the forthcoming year.
**Accessible unit: One of the applicants (the applicant or his/her family members) must be non-temporarily indoor wheelchair-bound person. It can accommodate one to two persons.
– Upon signing the Tenancy Agreement, the tenant shall pay the deposit (equivalent to one month’s rent), advance rent (equivalent to one month’s rent) and Stamp Duty.
– The Stamp Duty shall be borne by The Salvation Army and the tenant in equal shares.
– The tenant should arrange the transfer of the account of individual electricity meter and water meter in the unit, make deposit and pay utility bills according to actual consumption.
Term (Period of Teams)
2 years, subject to The Term in the Tenancy Agreement
– The tenant may have an option to renew.
Rules and Regulations during Occupancy
*subject to the Terms and Conditions in the Tenancy Agreement
– The unit allocated shall only be used by the applicant and his/her family member(s) registered in the relevant application for residential purposes only. Applicant cannot assign or sublet the unit and cannot take in any lodger during the lease period;
– Illegal and unethical activities are prohibited. Otherwise the Tenancy Agreement may be terminated immediately;
– Damaging the structure or hanging anything on the firefighting system and using anything to cover the smoke detector is prohibited;
– Smoking is not permitted in the premises;
– Flame cooking is prohibited in the unit;
– Not to keep any animal, bird or livestock of any description in the unit;
– Upon termination of Tenancy Agreement, the tenants must deliver vacant possession of the unit in a clean and tidy condition and return all keys to the management office.
– Applicant who has been on the application waiting list for public rental housing (PRH) for not less than 3 years. The applicant must have been issued a blue acknowledgement card (1-4 persons) from the Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA);
– The applicant and his/her family member(s) must meet Housing Authority’s prevailing policies and eligibility criteria for applying for PRH (including but not limited to family size, Income and Asset value)
– The information of the applicant and his/her family member(s) provided in this application must be the same as that in the PRH application.
– Applicant must be a Hong Kong resident of 18 years old or above;
– Applicant and his/her family member(s) are now living in inadequate housing conditions or with imminent housing needs, and meet the Income and Asset Limits for applying for PRH;
– Applicant and his/her family must be referred by the a Corps Officer of The Salvation Army or Social Worker of service units recognized by the Hong Kong Government.
ACCEPT ALL COOKIES