Our Corps (church) is a critical aspect of who we are. There are 16 corps and 1 outpost in the Hong Kong and Macau Command.
Music in worship is one of the characteristics of The Salvation Army, and we have brass bands, timbrel brigades and songsters to praise God joyfully.
The Salvation Army is a church that has been mobilised like an Army to save people with the love of God. Because of this vision, members of corps of all ages are involved in reaching out in meaningful ways to care for people in the community:
– Caring for isolated elderly and low-income families by visitation and material aid
– Caring for the sick in hospital or at home
– Christmas caroling at shopping malls or residential areas
– Gospel meetings or activities for preaching the message of God
– Fellowship and pastoral care in service units