“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.’’(Matt 5:14-16)
|20/02||Educational Services Department
Educational Services Director: Dr. Simon Ho
1. Thank God that in this time of pandemic, our schools, service departments and Corps have good synergy in providing holistic ministries to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our service users.
2. May God bless and use the innovative projects proposed by Corps, schools, and service units to bring out transformative impacts to the community.
|21/02||Kowloon East Corps
Corps Officer: Captain Billy Lam
1. To meet the needs of children’s Sunday school, the Corps has prepared to relocate the use of existing space in order that the Corps could have enough and safe place to arrange children’s Sunday school;
2. Pray for the tightness of the ministry staff, and may the Lord help our soldiers be brave enough to commit themselves to serve God and others.
|22/02||Pak Tin Nursery School
School Head: Ms. Tracy Leung
1. Under the current social situation, schools and families are facing many changes and challenges. May God give strength to parents, children and school workers. May everyone have wisdom and strength from above to overcome different changes and challenges , with peace and joy in my heart.
2. May God keep the students, parents and teaching staff of the school healthy and strong, and let the teaching staff be full of vitality and work together to serve families with different needs in the school.
|23/02||THURSDAY WORLDWIDE PRAYER MEETING
TC: Colonel Samuel Mkami
CS: Lt-Colonel. Willy Gibson
Officers 285(A278/ R7) Corps 84 Outpost 52 Cadets 10
Sr Soldiers 9,972 Jr Soldiers 5,620 Adherents 3,461
1. Praise God as we experience growth in the territory and pray for the new souls which are won for Jesus in many areas of the territory.
2. Pray for our candidate conference and training taking place this month for more inspiration and motivation for the future ministry.
3. Pray for the new session of cadets who will entering the training College next month of February, as they prayer their minds and spirit to enter their training. Prayer for more resources so that the territory would be able to cater for them.
|24/02||Tai Wo Hau Children and Youth Centre
Service Supervisor: Ms. Tsang Yuen Kwan
1. For the Health of all colleagues and their families, hope we can have healthy mind and body to face challenges ahead.
2. Please also pray for our youth services. After the social unrest and COVID-19, there is a social gap between people, many of us do not trust each other even parents, teachers and peers, this is so sad that people loss trust among people. As social workers who work in community, we want to be the peace maker and bridge among people, we want especially to re-engage with the youngsters and further help them to rebuild trust among their families and people in the community.