|THURSDAY WORLDWIDE PRAYER MEETING
INDIA NORTHERN TERRITORY
TC: Colonel Daniel Raju Dasari
CS: Lt.-Colonel J Daniel J Raj
Officers (A401/R103) Corps 171 Cadets 20
Sr Soldiers 72,808 Jr Soldiers 5,385
Prayer Topics :
1. Messengers of the Kingdom session 2018-2020 should have been commissioned in April, unfortunately, it became impossible due to Covid-19 induced nationwide lockdown and we hope to be commissioning them in the third week of June.
2. The financial resources have become a great challenge throughout the territory, particularly for corps officers who raise funds for allowance and local needs by conducting meetings in the halls, but the Government has imposed restrictions on religious gatherings since 25 March 2020.
3. Social distancing has been impossible to those living in small houses with more than five members in the family and the Government reiterates this much needed norm to be strictly adhered to. Besides, many villagers are forced to become jobless, when they as migrant workers returned homes.
4. Territorial Reviews and Assessment of corps by being with the Divisions and districts could not happen as planned, due to restriction of interstate movements within the territory which is likely to resume whenever eased.
5. We would face a huge challenge for Social Appeal, Self-Denial and Harvest funds while the nation is facing currently economic challenges.
6. We could not help young people and children with resource materials for Vacation Bible School except through online to inspire and encourage them with Bible lessons.
7. Movement of officers is necessary in corps and institutions. Sadly, though orders have been sent to them in March a month ahead, they had to be cancelled and the officers have to cope with the existing environments and continue to serve the community.
8. We were unable to print periodicals such as The War Cry and The Young Soldier for Salvationists. We could only send them electronically, though soldiers normally cannot have access to these periodicals.